Our firm has over 25 years of valuation experience, including:
- Business valuations including:
- Estate & gift tax valuations, emphasizing appropriate method selection, appropriate capitalization/discount rate development, and minority and marketability discounts,
- Divorce valuations, emphasizing key Colorado court decisions,
- Purchase & sales valuations,
- Dissenting shareholder actions
Presentations and Publications by Mr. Lyons include:
- “Use of the Market Method in Marital Dissolution Valuations” presented to the NACVA / IBA 2010 Business Valuation Conference in Miami, Florida, June 3, 2010.
- “Current Developments in discounts for Lack of Marketability” presented to the NACVA Colorado/Wyoming Chapter Education Meeting, November 13, 2009.
- “Guideline Company Transaction Methods: When Comparables Sold Before the Financial Markets’ Meltdown” published in the Financial Valuation and Litigation Expert in the August/September 2009 issue.
- Panel of Experts for the publication Financial Valuation and Litigation Expert: Views and Tools from Leading Experts on Valuation, Forensic/Fraud and Litigation Services.
- Co-author of the nationally recognized valuation treatise, “Financial Valuation Applications and Models”, Second Edition, Wiley, 2006.